Honesty is such a lonely word. It was this phrase that awakened me at about 5:30 yesterday morning.
Just A (Running) Fool is dead.
Long live Unfinished Person.
Now I’ve come to the realization (read: honesty) that it is time to lay this blog to rest. Further running-related posts from my life will be done at the unfinished person blog. Please update your readers to follow my journey ever toward becoming a more complete person than I am now. That struggle never ends, because the now is ever fleeting.
The reasons for the closing of this blog are many, and are magnified for me by the recent closure of Humor-Blogs.com, but come down to two main factors:
- Time: When I began this blog, I was workinga full-time job as a newspaper editor. Later, I began work as a part-time newspaper correspondent. I recently have started two new part-time jobs: as a librarian assistant and as an online freelance writer.
- Energy: I don’t have the energy to keep up this blog, a reading blog I had, the unfinished person blog, plus Unfinished Rambler.
Brief blog history (for those playing along at home):
Blog history (not including a brief experiment with Vox, unknown date, because I removed blog; others still exist in the backwaters of the Interwebs until… ):
- October 2005: Just A (Running) Fool begins
- Dec. 12, 2007: Journey with the Saints begins
- March 13, 2008: Unfinished Person is born
- April 24, 2008: Just A (Trail Running) Fool begins
- April 25, 2008: Just A (Reading) Fool begins
- April 28, 2008: Unfinished Rambling(s) begins
- November 2008: Unfinished Rambler is born
- March 17, 2009: An unfinished person II debuts on Tumblr, as supplement to Unfinished Person and Unfinished Rambler blogs.
- Jan. 23, 2010: The journey continues
Please update your readers accordingly and follow me at unfinishedperson.com.